Meeting the challenge
Watershed is designed with a purpose: to show that it's possible to achieve cutting-edge sustainability goals while still meeting the needs of the most demanding technology tenant. Highlights on how it's done:
- Bioswale and bioretention planters to organically filter storm water from Aurora Bridge and Troll Ave before it enters Lake Union.
- Reclaimed rainwater for building water needs.
- Self-tinting electrochromic window glazing to significantly reduce solar heat gain through floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Sustainably sourced and/or salvaged building materials.
- Public spaces featuring art that promotes reflection and interaction with the environment.
- Reduced operating costs from a reduction in total energy usage by at least 25% and a reduction in total water usage by 75% below the city's baseline targets.
- State of the art energy controls and systems.